Friday, March 27, 2009

processing...

So I've been researching things about 1st, 2nd, & 3rd heaven. This can be quite amazing and confusing at the same time. I don't understand how something that is just theory can be preached on as fact, but perhaps I have more to learn in that. The only place in the Bible that I have found talk of all this is 2 Corinthians 12, where Paul is taken up to 3rd heaven, thus many assume that their have to be a 1st and 2nd. Sometimes, I will admit, I do get caught up on the facts instead of relying of God to teach me what I need to be taught, but I really just find all this interesting. Can you imagine just worshiping or enjoying being in Gods' presence and suddenly you are taken to His throne? At the same time though, if you are already dwelling in His presence aren't you equally as close as Paul was in this scripture. So good, so much, so intense. I love this part where he tries so hard to speak of wanting people to hear of his experience, but at the same time not wanting to give off the impression of boasting. I feel like I encounter this alot, but I also think God has a way of sweeping up behind us. He knows our hearts and our intentions and if He knows you are not trying to boast I'm certain He intends on straightening misunderstood words out to people. What a relief!

12:7-9
'So to keep me from being proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud. Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time he said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness".

Couple thoughts on that. One- funny how Satan persists to break down, but God always builds strength despite his attempts. Two- "My power works best in weakness"- GOOD, because I'm the weakest. Grace, if only I could become more accepting of this provision.

I can feel the daily healing that God has been working in me. I can see the daily healing that God has been working in me. & all this is only through that grace

so much.

Living with 6 now in the house is amazing. 5 was good, but having Angela just being on the couch is such an encouragement and in such a weird way. I feel as though we are her older sisters learning to have patience with her and she desires so much to just learn and grow- two way st. Our house is closer than ever as well. By now we've been through couchsurfers, weddings, engagements, jobs, babies, healing, etc. together and there's just a point where you are forced to break down with one another and let them be closer. I've stayed for significant amounts of time in other community house across the country and without Christ being a center point for growth it just doesn't work. It's just not family. This is family. This is the body. We are His children just living life together.

Gardening time is upon us!
Spring is so beautiful, makes up for the humidity levels that will soon befall us!
Oh Tennessee, the more I try and run from you, the more you make me love you.
Now if I could just get a kitten or a horse, preferably the later, but I'll take what I
can get.

About a month ago God told me He would show me His love through a baby and at random time to me, perfect time to Him, He has done so. My boss/friend at the tea room just had a baby boy on Tuesday. Mind you, I loathe children, but there is something about this one. Man, just holding him. dang.

brandijeane

No comments:

Post a Comment